Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Safe in the Shadows


Because popularity is so fickle and overrated, and I've never been a fan of it, so I created this set. Besides, it's "Safe in the Shadows".
They notice my presence--
But they don't miss my absence.

I pop up so quickly,
And I disappear just as fast.
I constantly keep people guessing--
About how long I will last.
That's why I reject popularity--
It's just a thing of the past.

One minute your popular,
And then the next your not.
One minute your famous,
And then your soon to be forgot.
And yet everyone is dying--
To be in that number one spot.

But I'll stick to the shadows--
It's my favorite place.
I don't mind being unrecognized,
Or having a forgettable face.
All I need is my family--
And my friends in this case.

I'm not dying to be popular--
I like my time and my space.

~LB
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello lovely viewer! Thank you so much for viewing my art sets and polyvore creations! I REALLY appreciate it! And if you're leaving a comment, thank you so much! I will respond back to you as soon as I can, and I will be sure to check out your blog as well! Have a lovely day! Love ya! x0x0x0x! :)