Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Rejecting Perfection


Because I'm human and I make mistakes, so I created this set. It's also a poem response set.
@mymaria109 @blue2mato @elliewriter @dreamfantasyfashion @jazzysj @egbooth @alphaboots @runners @forever-21-xo @lululolliepop @fandomcorrupted @leah-r-ramsey @mima12345 @lilibunneh @ealkhaldi @synkopika @runners

#poetryintoart3

Here is my set for @ellyothvhoar's poem:

Gathering my loss
leaving places before I even entered them
missing people I never met

caught between the blur of the past
and the fog of the future

time stands still inside and rushes outside

I'm just a board others pin their problems on
a node of countless meeting and diverging lifelines
a straw imprisoned among needles

lies and truth inseperable, reflecting each other

falling through all grates,
fitting none of the moulds,
only a collection of disjointed pieces

whose life is this?
I don't feel any relation to myself

so, am I just the opposite of everything I seem to be and what others see in me?

am I actor or just spectator?
maybe a wishful illusion in your mind?

My response: Rejecting Perfection poem

I know what it's like,
I understand.
It's hard to be the painting
Of someone else's hand.

They paint me so pretty,
So angelic, like perfection.
But am I really?
You can laugh at that question.

May I paint you a picture?
So real, so true.
You know that I have feelings,
Just like you.

I get mad, I get sad,
And I cry sometimes too.
Sure I am nice,
But that has a lot to do with you.

See, I'm trapped in the bubble --
Full of love which is great.
But this bubble quickly bursts,
At the slightest sign of hate.

They tell me to smile,
Don't frown or be down.
But it's really hard
To wear such a crown.

So paint me pretty and angelic
If you want to.
But remember that I'm human,
Just like you.

~LB
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello lovely viewer! Thank you so much for viewing my art sets and polyvore creations! I REALLY appreciate it! And if you're leaving a comment, thank you so much! I will respond back to you as soon as I can, and I will be sure to check out your blog as well! Have a lovely day! Love ya! x0x0x0x! :)